A day in the life of a bike commuter, looking at cars that take over the bike/bus only lanes. I'm an advocate of the "Share the Road" program and would like to see police enforcement of the cars illegally driving in the bike/bus lanes.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Thursday 6/29

So I did not take any pictures yesterday because I was in a hurry to get home and there actually weren't too many cars in the bike lane. You always have one or two, but not enough to convince me to stop and take pictures. It also depends on whether I get green lights or red lights.

But I am proud to say that this is my first full week of biking to work since I got my bike in February--and it was raining half the time. Lately I've been averaging 3 days a week. Taking the Metro is so easy from my house (a total walking distance of 1 block to get to work). But biking is so much fun and it helps wake me up in the morning. And if I don't get a chance to go to the gym, I don't feel as bad (physically & mentally). But if you're reading this, you already know all this.

I think that if I really want good pictures I'll probably have to do the Chinatown loop up and down both bike lanes around rush hour. That probably won't happen tonight, but soon...

Does anyone know when exactly the traffic is the worst? Is 5:30 worse than 6:00 or 7:00, etc.?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home