A day in the life of a bike commuter, looking at cars that take over the bike/bus only lanes. I'm an advocate of the "Share the Road" program and would like to see police enforcement of the cars illegally driving in the bike/bus lanes.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

New Direction for Bike Blog

So I've decided that I will continue to take pictures of bike-lane violators when i can, but I'm going to start to write generally about commuting to work by bike. I got some good pictures today--mostly because I left the house later than usual. It was insane. I'm starting to think that the painted pictures of the bicycle and the big "BUS ONLY" logo is really a sick joke that DDOT has played on us transit-users/bikers. They just put it there to make us stop complaining. But now that it's painted, cars drive in it because they are in on this joke. Pictures to be posted later!

Yesterday I stopped at a red light (I do that sometimes!) and a fellow biker pulled up next to me and said, "Man, what part of 'BIKE AND BUS ONLY' do these cars not understand?"

Ha! Don't get me started!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

This is a great idea! I had no idea you were out there. I'm lucky that my commute is very easy with few cars actually interacting with the bike lane.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home