A day in the life of a bike commuter, looking at cars that take over the bike/bus only lanes. I'm an advocate of the "Share the Road" program and would like to see police enforcement of the cars illegally driving in the bike/bus lanes.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday 7/17

This morning, I left at a different time than usual. I left at 7:30, and there were more people driving in the bike lane than I'm used to. After two cars passed me ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE IN THE BIKE LANE (I gave them my "good morning" salute), I tried to get my camera out, but by the time I did, they had flown by, probably running the red light ahead of me...and this was all i got:

I do think that the picture is still worth posting because there is obviously no reason for this taxi to be in the bike lane (besides the whole part about it being illegal). There is only one other car, and the taxi did not turn right.

And here's the picture from Monday evening:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, 05 August, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home