A day in the life of a bike commuter, looking at cars that take over the bike/bus only lanes. I'm an advocate of the "Share the Road" program and would like to see police enforcement of the cars illegally driving in the bike/bus lanes.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday 10/17

It's fun to ride in the dark! Look at this picture of a bike commuter riding in the striped lane (and not the bike lane) because of all the cars flying by. Sorry it's a little blurry...my camera does better in the sunlight.

2 Comments:

Blogger gwadzilla said...

the stuff I see cars do...

the bike lane often confused for a parking space or a right turn lane

not even left clear if a bicyclist is approaching

Thursday, 19 October, 2006

 
Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Great site.

I see similar situations all the time in Arlington, but your photographic evidence shows things at their worst...blatant and deliberate disregard for bikers' rights.

I would be tempted to ride in the bike lane anyway at a creeping pace just to slow down those morons; but I'm sure there'd be a confrontation every day.

Keep up the great work but stay safe.

Friday, 20 October, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home