A day in the life of a bike commuter, looking at cars that take over the bike/bus only lanes. I'm an advocate of the "Share the Road" program and would like to see police enforcement of the cars illegally driving in the bike/bus lanes.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Cars Driving in the Bike Lane



9th Street, southbound, 8:00 am
typical traffic, cars driving in the bike lane.

I took the video while biking in the shoulder, to avoid being hit in the lane that was supposedly created to make biking safer! This is where cars will pass me on the right hand side if I ride in the bike lane.

This is my first video blog! Fun stuff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog. you are my new hero. i ride up Mass to AU from Shaw almost every day of the week and have no bike lane along the way so at least i can expect the drivers to be jerks. i'm rooting for you.

Sunday, 15 October, 2006

 
Blogger gwadzilla said...

there need to be more bike lanes
some roads need the "share lane" markings

and

there needs to be an education that bikes belong

great blog

Thursday, 19 October, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool video. Can you get the plates and report them all? :)

Friday, 03 November, 2006

 
Blogger elkue said...

GTFO out of the bike lane, assholes!

When I ride down a street with a lane like that I make a point of going nice, safe & slow in the bike lane.

Wednesday, 18 February, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home